.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

If you've seen my heart, I believe I may have misplaced it in San Francisco


Tarita and I returned to San Francisco for the Holidays. Sounds so typical, but I really had no idea how much I missed The City until I had to leave it again. Herb Caen captured, with words, the essence of San Francisco and its many facets, but the quote that comes to mind is "If one day I do go to heaven, I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'"




Coming back, what once blurred into the landscape of my former life was once again stunning; the Sutro Tower poking up through the mist, the tops of Golden Gate Bridge in the background of the rolling hill in the Outer Richmond, are just a few examples. Heck even Market Street was exciting and fantastic.




And being with all of our family and friends again was wonderful...was what the Holidays are all about. Let me tell you, when you are 2000 miles away from anyone you love, those annoying traits that all our friends and family have, well, they stop being annoying and suddenly are endearing. I love all my friends and family and we are so lucky to have you all. Being away makes it special to come back.



Here are some random photographic selections from our time in San Francisco. There's plenty more to come.



Burritos were perfected in San Francisco, originally uploaded by peteg.




Tar in Chinatown, originally uploaded by peteg.




Mr. Green, originally uploaded by peteg.




Mr. Mann, originally uploaded by peteg.




Out to lunch, originally uploaded by peteg.


1 comment:

philip said...

Steve looks like he's being illuminated by an atomic blast. Peter I consistently fail at getting the comment verification word right. I may not be human.

About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
http://petegeniella.com