.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Fort Worth/Haltom City Tornado


Funnel Cloud, Fort Worth, originally uploaded by peteg.

I watched a storm cloud twist into this shape. A few minutes later it touched down in Haltom City, three miles east of here, killing one, felling trees and ripping roofs off homes and businesses. Even though this was a relatively weak tornado, I have never seen anything like this. You can read the National Weather Service assessment of this tornado here.

In a seven day stretch, concluding last Friday, there was snow, 80+ degree weather, and a tornado. I documented as much as I could on video and put together this short clip:






Haltom City Damage, originally uploaded by peteg.




1 comment:

Bernie said...

Great photos of last week's heavy weather.

Thanks for visiting my blog, too.

About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
http://petegeniella.com