.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Fun Fun Fun Fest 2007 in Austin, TX




Murder City Devils

Ted Leo

Murder City Devils

Murder City Devils

Murder City Devils

Riverboat Gamblers

Against Me!

Dancing

Bathroom Line



Last weekend Tar and celebrated her birthday by driving down to Austin and seeing like a thousands band at the Fun Fun Fun Fest. Despite the fact that it was a music festival, we had a great time. The line up was really good. Some bands I saw: Murder City Devils, Against Me!, Neurosis, Angry Samoans, Youth Brigade, Ted Leo, of montreal, Sick of It All, Mates of State, Poison Idea, Riverboat Gamblers, and MC Chris.


Neurosis, with thier synchronized freak my mind out spooky-delic video rocked my face off. I am so glad I finally got to seem them as they play like 5 shows a year. And it was rad seeing some of the bands of my youth like Angry Samoams, Sick of It All and Youth Brigade.


Of course the highlight was the Murder City Devils. The crowd erupted when they came on, singing-out, dancing like heck. It was delirously fun...It's been years since I've seen a crowd come alive like that. When the finished their set, the demand for an encore was so epic, Spencer the lead singer came out to explain that because they've been broken up for like 6 years they simply don't know any more songs. But the crowd stood firm, and eventually the Murder City Devils relented, replaying two songs from the set. In all the years and all the shows I've either attended or worked at I've never seen such a thing. It sounds a bit corny, but I really felt like I was taking part in a special moment that night.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Man, I'm so jealous of you for seeing MCD.

It's funny; Spencer looks exactly the same in every pic. It almost looks like you took only one pic of him and photoshopped it into the others.

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you today pete. I'm jealous you got to go to this fest. Lots of good bands.

About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States
http://petegeniella.com